Our services

State Benefit in Saxony

Child benefit (besides Elterngeld and Kindergeld) only for residents of Saxony (e.g. Leipzig, Dresden).

The benefit is granted for a few months to parents of children aged 2 or 3. You will find details in the article below.

For whom is the Landeserziehungsgeld?

To apply for the Landeserziehungsgeld you must have lived in Saxony for at least 12 months.

The parent who receives the benefit may work but no more than 30 hours per week. There is also an income limit that cannot be exceeded by the household. This limit is:

  • €24,600 for married couples,
  • 21.600 € for single parents.

Parents of adopted children, stepparents or unmarried parents can also apply. In special cases, it can also be people who do not have custody of the child, such as grandparents, aunts, uncles or older siblings.

Amount of Landeserziehungsgeld

Landeserziehungsgeld paid for two or three year olds. The amount depends on the number of children you have:

  • if it is the first child – 150€ /month
  • if it is the second child – 200€ /month
  • third and more children – 300€ /month

The period for which you are entitled to the allowance depends on the number of children and whether you have applied for the allowance when your child is 2 or 3 years old:

  • application submitted in the 2nd year of a child’s life
    • first child – 5 months
    • Second child 6 months
    • Third child – 7 months
  • An application filed when a child is 3 years old
    • the first and second child – 9 months
    • the third and subsequent child – 12 months

Documents needed to submit an application

  • completed data form (available in our office),
  • copies of the decision for Kindergeld and Elterngeld,
  • copies of decisions on Polish family benefits (family allowance, child care allowance during parental leave – commonly called child care allowance, parental benefit – called 500+)
  • certificate of income of both parents,
  • a copy of the child’s health booklet,
  • a certificate of residence in Saxony (Anmeldung),
  • the family registration certificate for your family in Poland,
  • a signed contract of mandate form – available in our office.
AS Bieniek

We are here to help you